Wednesday, June 1, 2011

change of plans, for now

after 11 days of experimentation with different forms, i am feeling more stifled than liberated by the limitations of these different forms. for the time being, i am going to take a temporary break from this experiment and revert back to free verse for a while...

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of wanting to break free from the constraints, I have enjoyed learning about different poetic forms so far, and I had no idea that there were 100 or more of them! pretty much any poetry I do is free verse with an occasional foray into haiku, although I love hearing rhythms in spoken poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think part of the reason why this is difficult is that there aren't exactly 100 different forms out there... there are many new forms that people have made up but i can't find anywhere close to 100 original forms! i didn't fully consider that when i decided to do this. but yes, free verse is so refreshing and i think i am going to enjoy that for a while now, perhaps returning later to the intended project later..

    ReplyDelete